Happy Monday teachers! I have always posted my own Make it Monday, today I'm joining in on the linky party with 4th Grade Frolics!
Today I'm going to share my classroom helpers system! I created a list of classroom helpers along with corresponding 'surprise helpers.' The surprise helpers are QR codes that the students scan to find out where they are helping for the day. You can download my Classroom helper (QR edition) from my TpT store! It's $1.50 off until 7/17/13! I will be adding more surprise helpers throughout the year, you can get those for free after your initial purchase.
How did I make this lovely helper system? ...Keep reading to find out!
- Print the Classroom Helper PDF. I chose yellow, green and blue card stock to print the b/w version. I have a river classroom theme, so these colors work really well.
2. Laminate & cut each helper card. I also laminated a few envelopes. One is to place my extra QR codes and the other is to place any extra helper cards. You can use this envelope laminating tutorial by A Turn to Learn to Learn.
3. Pull out the Velcro!! I used a 2" black ribbon, hanging vertically and placed my helper cards onto it with Velcro. I placed the envelopes at the bottom.
4. Place clothes pins (1 for each student). You can have the students' name, number or photo on the clothes pins!
|**If you place your clothes pins on one side, you may need to place a thumbtack at the bottom of the ribbon to keep it straight.**|
5. Store your system away when you're done! Everything fits wonderfully into a gallon Ziploc bag to save space!
Be the first 2 people to comment below with your email & I will send you my classroom helper (QR edition) for free!
Check back tomorrow to read about my most recent blog award!! :D