Without further adieu, I made one of the first physical parts to my classroom! It's a door sign showing 'where we are.' I will be teaching Junior High Special Education and I didn't want to make the sign to 'kiddish.' I kept the frilly kid stuff off and tried to keep it simple. I am currently out of ink in my printer which means I improvised! Here's what I did:
- I bought the clipboard for a few dollars at HEB (I get sidetracked by school supplies even though I was supposed to be shopping for groceries.)
- I used my Silhouette Cameo to label (write all the words) and cut out each piece from different colors of cardstock. If you would like the Sillouette file email me and I can share it with you!
- From there I colored everything with Copic markers & then laminated each piece with my new Scotch Thermal laminating machine! I bought it for $24 from Walmart with additional 5mil & 3mil thermal sleeves.
- I laid everything out like so:
- Then when I began to Velcro...I changed the arrangement **go figure!**
- On the back I taped an envelope for the 'other' location and a few blank laminated cards to write with a dry erase marker where we are.
- When you need to pack up the clipboard-this is how I did it.
Feel free to Pin, Share, Tweet & 1+!